This year’s traditional curtain raiser in England, is a clash between Arsenal and Chelsea.
It is an annual match contested between the
champions of the previous Premier League season
and the holders of the FA Cup at Wembley Stadium.
Here are 10 things you need to know about the
1. The match will be contested by 2016/2017 FA
Cup winners, Arsenal and the 2016/2017 Premier
League champions, Chelsea.
2. This year’s encounter will be the 95th FA
3. Game kicks off 2pm on Sunday at Wembley
4. Teams in the Community Shield are permitted up
to 6 substitutions.
5. The FA has cleared Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal)
and Victor Moses (Chelsea) to feature in the game.
6. The most successful team in the competition are
Manchester United, who have won the Shield 21
times (including 17 outright wins and 4 shared
7. During his tenure at Arsenal, Arsene Wenger has
won six of his eight appearances in this fixture
(and lost only on penalties in 2003 to Manchester
8. It will be Antonio Conte’s first ever Community
9. The FA has confirmed that the new ‘ABBA’
penalty shoot-out format will used, if the match
ends in a draw after 90 minutes.
10. The last time Arsenal met Chelsea in the
Community Shield was in 2015, with Arsenal
winning 1-0 thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s